- To provide carefully constructed indexes which guide the reader and enhance each author's ability to communicate with the audience
- Professional indexing experience includes writing subject and/or author indexes for books on economics, business, ethics, history, biography, higher math, essay collections, Biblical analysis and application, education, and literary bibliography.
- Indexing training by Sherry Smith of Sherry Smith Indexing Services, co-author of Inside Indexing: The Decision Making Process
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in English from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Staff accountant for Joe Jarrett, CPA (my husband)
- Member of the American Society for Indexers
- Treasurer for the Business Indexing Special Interest Group
- Member of the Scholarly Indexing Special Interest Group
It seems I have been preparing for this career for much of my life. From being a staff accountant, which taught me how to prioritize, organize and present information, as well as meet deadlines (always!), to evaluating and adapting text in order to teach our children, the knowledge and skills I have gained over the years dovetail aptly with the excellent indexing training by Sherry Smith. As a word lover and English major, I thoroughly enjoy the art of indexing, constructing bridges that connect reader and author.